Monday, September 20, 2010

FALL FALL FALL... in love with life.





Okay, so first off! When I started my blog I thought I would be updating it everyday with lots of stories and pictures of my life, but I have been so crazy busy I haven't even been on this thing since I made it. Everyone has been telling me I need to update my blog so they can read it. Soooo ready, update time!


Summer is pretty much over :( boo. This summer was probably the best summer of my life. I got married, went to Alaska, I went zip lining for the first time, I got a new nephew! I got to go to Seattle a few times and spend time with my best friend! When I was at home I spent most of my time decorating my home. I was inside painting every wall and Bret was outside working on the yard. It has turned out so cute. I love how homey it is now, but I can definitely say in a couple years, I’ll be ready to live in a neighborhood instead of out in the country.

















Pretty much all of August I had been resisting school starting, but it had to start sooner or later. Since I moved to a tiny town I wasn't sure how I was going to continue school. I was debating if I should do it online through Montana State, or stay at Boise State and do it online and fly home every monrth for my tests. But then! I found a small school that was only a little over an hour away called North West College. It has a great English program and they offer some of the classes here in my town so I wouldn’t have to commute as much. Well, I like to be busy so I loaded up my schedule with classes and got a part time job. So my schedule entails, Working every Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 9-4. Then I have class Monday and Wednesday night from 6-8. Then, I go to school Tuesdays and Thursdays all day from 9:30 to 6! So that's why I have not had time to get on here. I'm a busy little girl! I do have to say, I love, love, LOVE my classes. My favorite is probably Creative Writing and Education Psychology. I love writing and I love learning about teaching. So those I really enjoy going to.



We are now moving into my favorite seasons! Fall and then winter! I love Fall because of many different reasons, one being my Birthday duh. Then, Football season, harvest season, halloween, the fall decorations I get to put up in my house! And of course, fall clothes! I love fall fashion and all the fun clothes I get to shop for and wear. Boots, scarfs, jackets, uggs, hats, and cardigans, Ahh love it! I'm a big baby when it comes to the cold, but I am obsessed with snowboarding. So that makes winter my favorite season. Now that I am living in Wyoming, I'm so stoked to go down to Jackson and go boarding there. We have another resort that's only 40 min. away. So I will definitely be spending almost all my free time up on the mountain. Just thinking about it gets me excited!



Moving on! Okay, so everyone has been asking me why I changed my name back on Facebook. So let me tell you why. The first couple months, I'm not going to lie, I have been struggling giving up my independence and the one thing I missed the most was my last name :(. It was hard to be the student who was called last on the roll sheet in class. When I was always use to being in the middle of it. I know that's not something I should care about, but it was weird! Everyone says the first year of marriage is the hardest and oh boy! Is it! There are so many changes, and things you have to adjust to. Not to mention, living somewhere where I don't fit in at all, and living with someone who is so opposite than me. But everything is so great with Bret and I, it's not our relationship I struggle with, it's the adjusting to married life that is hard for me.



Some days are harder then others, but I just have to remind myself why I married Bret and how much I truly love the kid. He is amazing. One thing that used to bother me when we were dating was that he wasn’t very religious, and was not a fan of going to church. I would try and try to get him to go with me but he always refused. Ever since we got married though, he has been going with me. At first, I thought it was just for me, but now I’m starting to think it’s for him too. He knows how important having faith in Jesus Christ and God is to me and how important it is to have it in our marriage and our home. That alone, shows me what a great husband I have, and how much he loves me. I was worried that it might be a big issue that we were going to struggle with in our marriage, but we haven't had a problem with it at all. He is so supportive and I love it and I personally think he actually enjoys going. :) Speaking about being married, everyone has been asking me, "when are you guys going to have a baby?" The answer to that, is definitely not for a FEW years. I'm thinking maybe once I finish school, and when we find our place we want to call our home. (Which will probably be Boise, Idaho area). Then we can start talking babies. Right now, I'm just enjoying playing with my neice and nephews and helping out my sisters with their kids.I love those little kiddos so much.








On a bad note, the last couple of weeks have been hard on us because Bret just recently found out his mom was diagnosed with breast cancer. The good news is they caught it soon enough that she will just need surgery and we're praying that after that, the cancer will stay gone. So we are heading to Idaho this weekend for his moms surgery and to see his family.









So... I’m a nerd, and I have this thing that I do every semester when school starts which is, I make goals for myself to hopefully complete by the end of the semester. My goals for this semester are…



-Straights A's (Obviously).



-Have a positive attitude towards my school and living in Wyoming.



-Learn a new recipe to cook once a month.



-Talking to my family at least once a week. (Except Mis I talk to her everyday).



-Attend Church on a regular basis.



-Travel somewhere with Bret where we have never been before.



-Start running every day again.



-Make a new friend.

-Not let my dad spoil me so much. (I know I know, sad but true.)



And the last goal is, is to be the best wife I can be. I need to work on supporting Bret's job here and not being such a negative bum about it.



Well peeps! That's about it for my update since I got married. Everyday there is always something new and exciting happening in my little life way out here in the middle of nowhere, so I will try harder to update as much as I can. I hope you enjoyed! :)

4 comments:

  1. Good job on updating. Sorry you feel alone out their in Wyoming. It will get better and it's not forever either.
    Also Going to church.. any church is good for you and your marriage. :) And yes your first yr of marriage is very challenging. Mitch and I dated for 2 years and i still was learning things after we got married. ---Britt

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice update. Good luck with all your goals! I know you'll do fine. Let me know if you are looking for a good recipe. :)...Keri

    ReplyDelete
  3. Em cute I love it! Yay I'm so glad your blogging, I love reading blogs! Your a great wifey! Cant wait to see you lovey!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Em I loved your update! your just so real in your posts :) And i love the new design and right hand column pictures!!! CUTE and so You! Im so sorry to hear about your mother in law, I will for sure be keeping her in my prayers....So happy to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete