Thursday, August 5, 2010

City Girl Meets Country Boy.



I love to write and I love to tell everyone my life stories! So I figured, I might as well start blogging. So here it goes! :)

I just recently got married on June 5th to Mr. Bret Thomas Younts. We met my senior year of High School. He was in the Marine Corps stationed in California and was deployed to Iraq twice during our relationship. So, long distance was our thing. After he got out of the military he moved back to Idaho! This was the day I had been looking forward to since we started dating! But just kidding, after a month of him living back home my dad gave him an amazing job opportunity in Wyoming. (Boo!) So he was gone again living in a small town, 10 hours away from me. We had already been doing the long distance thing for 3 years, so I was over it and Bret was too, so he proposed!


After my amazing, fairy tale wedding that was held in McCall, Idaho and a long, fun, adventurous honeymoon. I packed up my room and headed to Worland, Wyoming to start my life with my little family.
We have lived here now for 3 months, and this place has definitely made me not take things for granted like, Targets, Walmart, movie theatres and my hair salon! :( I thought I was from a small town originally but nothing compares to this place. Our house is literally, in the middle of no where. We live on 500 acres of farm and the town is 10 miles away. So far, I've had to learn how to cook because there are no places to go to eat. (Which I enjoyed). I've learned to ride a dirt bike and shoot a gun. I've encountered a rattle snake and lots of mice (one which was in my bed and crawled on my head. I cried). Everytime we go somewhere Bret has to look for deer or if he sees a racoon we have to stop so he can shoot it.
For people who know me, this is NOT me. I like to shop, go out with my friends, lay out by a pool, and go to fun events. Hello, I have married the total opposite of myself. Even though I hate hunting, I hate bugs, and I hate that we don't have a mall. I am loving being married to my best friend and letting him teach me things I never knew about myself.
Somedays I really miss my family, friends, my old job and my school. But for now I am living day by day with my amazing husband in our amazing little home creating memories so one day we can look back at them and say, "Hey babe, remember that one time that mouse crawled on your head in our bed when we lived in that small podunk town".

4 comments:

  1. EM! I loved reading this! your such a good writer:) I seriously laughed a couple times while i was reading it!...Cute blog! way to finally join the club:) Miss you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha it was emily not em... you are hilarious! k bye!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my gosh em.. i forgot to say how funny you are.... i totally would have cried too if a mouse crawled on my head too.... eww. You are such a girly girl how are you serviving there? hahah!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahahaha I know, I am as girly as they come. I told Bret if a mouse ever crawls on my head when i'm sleeping again I AM OUT OF HERE! hahaha

    ReplyDelete