Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Live. Love.& Be Thankful.

    






Can I just start off with how insanely thankful I am for the invention of airplanes! Seriously, without an airplane I would not be traveling to that wonderful state we call Idaho this Saturday! AHH, I am so excited to see my amazing family and my crazy friends. If we didn't have those amazing air craft’s then I would be waiting until the day before Thanksgiving to DRIVE back to Idaho with Bret. Yeah, no thanks!





Well, I wanted to write a blog initiating Thanksgiving and to let you all know what I am thankful for. I am so blessed in my life that at times I need to remind myself what I really should be thankful for. So here we go.






1. My Daddy!


I am so thankful to have such a strong, intelligent dad that did the very best he could raising me as a single parent. Not just me, but my twin sister and little brother as well. So that would equal 3 teenagers and a single dad under one roof. I'm sure there were times he wanted to send us all to the adoption agency but he was a trooper and raised 3 amazing children into 3 awesome adults. He has provided us with an incredible amount of things to be thankful for. He always wants to take care of us no matter how old we get, bless his heart. :)








2. The rest of the Family.


My family is as crazy as it comes, but I'm so thankful they are my family! My husband, who puts up with me and continues to show how much he truly loves me. My mom, who is always there for me whenever I need her, any day or any night. My gorgeous, loving, courageous older sister who I continue to learn from. My TWIN, who happens to be my best friend. I talk to her every single day sometimes for hours or sometimes we will hang up after talking for a minute and call back 10 minutes later. Let’s just say I am always on my phone, which 95% of the time is with her. I honestly don't know who I would I be without her. As cheesy as it sounds, she really is my other half. My HILARIOUS little brother, who makes me laugh so hard every time I'm with him. He comes from a family of all girls so he's a little sensitive but I'm so thankful I get to have him here to make me laugh, and to show me new things every day. Of course my babies! My as cute as can be niece, Madison and my nephews, Kaden, Austin and Kyler. Those kids are my world.

















3. My Education.


I am so very thankful for the schools I get to attend in order to further my education and eventually accomplish my career goal in becoming a High School English teacher. I never saw myself as a teacher. I always wanted to do something with Fashion or become a Journalist but as I got more into school I realized I had this gift connecting with older kids which most people can't do. So I figured I would do something with this quality of mine, which is to teach them! I'm so thankful that my lovely dad is able to pay for my expensive tuition. I know some parents would not pay 4 years of tuition for their children. So I will take that gift to my advantage and complete my schooling!








4. My Health


I am thankful that I am still very healthy and I have never had to deal with any serious illness. And when I am sick I am thankful for the wonderful healthcare I have to make sure I get all better! I am also thankful that my family is healthy as well. We have been so lucky to have such healthy babies and parents. :)






5. My Home.


Now that winter is practically here. I am so thankful I have a nice, warm home over my head every night when I go to sleep and every morning I wake up. I know there are people who don't have the luxury of a heated house in the winter, and it breaks my heart to think people have to struggle to stay warm when here I am laying in bed pushing off the covers because I have the heater up too high : /. That's why I love to help those in need whenever I get a chance.










Well those are the top 5 things I felt were the most important to be thankful for every single day. Now here is my list of some 'not so important' things but are still things I am thankful to have in my daily life.






-My laptop! Thank you for...well... everything.


-My running shoes. Thank you for keeping my feet running strong.


-My outstanding hair dresser back in Idaho. Thank you God, she is a gift!


-I feel stupid for saying this but, Facebook. Thank you for letting me stay in touch with all my old friends and family.


-My Chi! Thank you for keeping my crazy hair straight.


-My snowboard gear. Thank you for keeping me warm and stylish :)


-My Uggs! Thank you for keeping my feet warm and being a perfect shoe to wear when I feel grungy.


-My itunes/ipod. Thank youuuuuu for holding my thousands of songs for me!


-My perfume! Thank you for making me smell so good.


-My directTV. Thank you for letting me watch all my favorite shows each week.


-Online banking. Thank you for always being there when I forget how much money I spend.


-My dishwasher. Thank for washing my dirty dishes, so my lazy bum doesn't have to.


-My bed. Thank you for being soooooo comfy each night I lay in you.






Ok, ok! I really could go on and on, but I'll stop now. I hope whoever is reading this knows how thankful I am for everything I have. My life is amazing and just like most people I tend to take things for granted that I shouldn't. Thank goodness for thanksgiving to put all that stuff back into perspective!






I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving with the ones they love.


I know I will, and I am so blessed to have that. :)









No comments:

Post a Comment